Saturday, August 30, 2008

Time For More Clay

For the past few years I have tried several different brands of clay. About a year ago, while in St. Petersburg, I stopped by St. Pete Clay. Highwater Clays has a store there.  I bought about a 100 pounds to test out.  I loved it.  I have thrown with nothing since.  This morning I drove to Atlantic Pottery Supply in Jacksonville to get some more clay (they are a Highwater distributor).  I decided to try some Ellen Buff.  I've heard good things about it...we'll see.  Right now I'm using four different Highwater Clays - P5 Porcelain, Speckled Brownstone, Little Loafers, and Raku. It's rare that I throw with the porcelain and I don't keep much in the studio.  

Hopefully tomorrow the weather will allow me to fire up the raku kiln.  With Gustav and Hanna around the weather is a little unpredictable.  Let's hope New Orleans doesn't get hit again.  Such a great city.  They have been through enough!  See ya.

No comments: