Monday, August 25, 2008

First Posting, First Blog

Hello.  This is my first blog and also the first posting!  This site is intended to act as a repository for information about my pottery.  I have decided to start taking a very methodical approach to developing my glazes.  I've been lazy up to this point.  Sometimes pieces turn out as I intended and other times not.  I have done a very poor job tracking the variables that affect the outcome of my work. This site will be used to document these processes in as much detail as possible. Hopefully this will lead to more consistent results.  It will also act to focus my energies and provide me with a ton of motivation (I hope!).  Enjoy reading and please comment if you have something you would like to say.

This past weekend I did a bisque firing.  I opened up the kiln today and removed (and washed) everything.

I went cup crazy this month...

I also made some test tiles for the upcoming glaze tests...

I pulled several handles for some cups I had to finish...

All-in-all it was a productive evening in the studio.  If I just didn't have my day job...


1 comment:

Dorkys Ramos said...

Hi! I just fell into your blog and had to comment because this week my friend and I will be glazing our first pots. We took a class over the summer and tried to create something that could resemble a pot (we have a ways to go!) but it was very exciting.

Good luck with your glazes!