Monday, August 24, 2009

New Stuff

I finally got the studio organized the way I want it. To be more specific, after lots of trial and error, I have discovered how much stuff I can get in there and still have space to work. I now have most of my tools located within 'reaching distance' of my wheel. No more walking across the studio with clay-covered hands to get something


I recently bought a large metal shelf with wheels. Very useful:


I liked the large cart so much i bought another, smaller metal cart to hold slip, terra sig, and miscellaneous other items:


Here's a closeup shot of the small cart. It holds slip I made for each type of clay I use: Zella Stone, Loafers Glory, Raku, and Helios (all Highwater Clays). Additionally, I created a mixture of Helios porcelain with red iron oxide (8% RIO). On the bottom shelf is terra sigillata as well as some Magic Water I use to connect clay (mainly for handles).


I recently ordered some new tools from Kentucky Mudworks. They carry a line of tools made by 'Dirty Girls Pottery Tools'. I have found them to be very well made. I bought two sling shot tools, one is a straight wire and the other a wiggle wire:


The other tools I ordered were the 'Great Big Facet Tools'. Again, one straight wire and one wiggle wire:


I love the roller on these facet tools. I can't wait to use them.

I have some more things to post, but it will have to wait until tomorrow. It's getting late and I can barely keep my eyes open. Goodnight!

No comments: