Monday, October 26, 2009

New Trimming Tool

Yesterday I received my new Bison trimming tool.


My friend John Tilton has used them for years and has nothing but great things to say about them. The tools are made by Philip Poburka in Las Vegas, Nevada. They are made from tungsten carbide and stay very sharp. I love the rounded wooden handle. The shape keeps the tool firmly in your hand as you trim. The Bison tools website is located here.

If you have used these tools please share your feedback.

4 comments:

Tracey Broome said...

The folks I know that have had this tool loved it until they dropped it on the concrete floor. It shatters, so be very careful with it!

cookingwithgas said...

Hi Mike! Thanks for stopping over to the blog.
Stop in the booth while you are at the show.
I would love to see you in person.
Meanwhile I am going to play on your blog!

Mike said...

tracey - you are correct...they do break easily. I plan on being VERY careful with it. It's so nice to trim with this tool. I'm probably going to buy a few more soon. They aren't cheap but they're sharp!

Dan Finnegan said...

Mike, many thanks for your words regarding my surgery. I'm getting better every day and have been overwhelmed by the kindness of many strangers and friends.
As to your chip and dip bowls...I always found them a bit awkward to make/clean/store and long ago started making the two pieces seperately.I leave a groove like I do for a saucer for the bowl to sit in. It also means that each piece can be used on it's own.
Best wishes, Dan